Glen L. Urban
David Austin Professor of Management
Chairman, Center for Digital Business
Dean, MIT Sloan School of Management 1993–1998
Glen L. Urban chairs the MIT Center for Digital Business. He is also a professor at the Sloan School of Management at MIT and a former dean of the School. Professor Urban is an expert in marketing and new product development, with his most recent research focused on how to develop trust-based marketing systems on the internet and how to morph a website to fit individual cognitive and cultural styles.
Highlights of this interview include:
- Changes and developments in the MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Development of diffusion, logit modeling, and other technologies to obtain more accurate sales forecasts.
- Social conscience in business during the Vietnam War era.
- “Morphing,” and the evolution of cognitive style-matching in internet marketing.
- Experiences on MIT’s Academic Council.
- Trust marketing projects; benefits of company transparency in the digital age.