Staff
A World of Possibilities Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Elza Bilong

After 15 years in accounting and finance at for-profit companies—most recently at Altran Solutions Worldwide and Rand—Elza Bilong feels like she’s landed a job that truly suits her. As senior officer in International Accounting for MIT’s global initiatives, she has the opportunity to use her skills in an international arena.

“At MIT the international mission is flourishing, which comes with challenges that are keeping me on my toes,” says Elza, who started here in July 2010.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
At Home at MIT Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Jagruti Patel

Jagruti “Jag” Patel worked at Arthur D. Little after graduating from MIT in 1997, but “I missed MIT and the work I had done here.” She has an SB in management with a concentration in information technology from the MIT Sloan School of Management.

Before graduating, she had been a project manager on the MIT Student Services Reengineering Team. When an opportunity opened to join the Information Services & Technology web team in 1998, she leaped at the opportunity to return to MIT.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
Cause for Support Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Joanne Knoll

There’s a bulletin board full of thank-you letters outside Joanne Knoll’s office. Her official role at Lincoln Laboratory is technical assistant in the Intelligence, Test and Evaluation Group in the Division of Air and Missile Defense Technology; however, she’s best known for running the Laboratory’s Support Our Troops program and its MS Bike and Hike team.

“The people I work with are the reason I look forward to coming to work each morning,” says Joanne.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
Law and Order Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

John DiFava

Heading the Campus Police at MIT started out as a way for John DiFava to stay in law enforcement after retiring nine years ago as superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police. For someone who had dealt with fall-out from forced busing in Boston, prison riots, union strikes, and the rebuilding of security at Logan Airport after 9/11, MIT was a totally different world.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
An Everyday Leader Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Judith Stein

“I’m a lifer,” jokes Judith Stein, who has been at MIT for 31 years and is a member of the Quarter Century Club. “I’ve been lucky to have the opportunity to do my best work here in different ways.”

Read the Full Entry