Staff
Wrangling Rocket Scientists Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Beth Marois

Beth Marois remembers coming to MIT during college to see a robotics sculpture show. “I love the way science can be juxtaposed with art, and that happens here at MIT,” says Beth, who is the graduate program administrator in the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics’ Student Services Office.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
Rooting out problems Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Bill McCaffery

Bill McCaffery spends much of his day solving problems. A plumber for Lincoln Laboratory, he’s also been head of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) for more than 20 years. Whether it’s plumbing or employee problems, “I enjoy talking with people and resolving issues,” he says.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
Mentor to Thousands Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Blanche Staton

“I feel like I’m working with superheroes here because the students have so much passion and energy,” Blanche Staton says. “They make me feel good about coming to work.” Mentoring and nurturing graduate students is a favorite part of Blanche’s job as senior associate dean in the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
Bloom Where You Are Planted Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Candance Weaver

Candance Weaver epitomizes the saying, bloom where you are planted. At MIT, where she is an administrative assistant in the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Science and Technology (HST), she has found an environment where she can thrive.

Read the Full Entry
Staff
Backstage at the Concerts Office Posted by MIT150 Profiles on

Clarise Snyder

For someone in arts administration, Clarise Snyder says it doesn’t get any better than her job, which she’s enjoyed for 28 years. “I interact with talented, interesting students, guest artists, and top-notch faculty, including noteworthy performers, musicologists, and composers,” says Clarise, director of the Concerts Office and manager of Killian Hall.

Read the Full Entry